Thursday, August 19, 2010
Gettin lost on the ichetucknee river trip
Ok....so I stay behind the whole group, (on the river) so I could have some peace w/o a lot of noise. Well, apparently, I got too far behind, to where I was like 10 min behind everyone. Haha. LOL....Well ...I enjoyed it so much. While I was alone, I saw three creatures up ahead, very long creatures. They kept smacking their mouths. They looked like furry eels, or really large snakes. As I got closer I realized they were otters!!!! Three wild otters!!!! VERY cute! I saw them for about 3-5 min. I got pretty close. They were SO adorable! Well, I finally got to the mid stop. No one was waiting for me there, and there was a lot of strangers....awkward!!! Well, I walked up the steps, and there was a fork in the road. I was confused. I didn't know which way to go...I was alone, and there were two directions. There was a sign that said "this way ----> Trail to parking lot. So, I hesitated for a while, but I went down that one. I was getting really nervous. I walked down for about five minutes. I looked down the path, and I couldn't see any kind of civilization. I started getting worried and crying, and winning. I starting yelling for my daddy...I was SO scared! So, I started running...but that still got me nowhere, so I turned around, ran some more...unsure of what to do. I couldn't breathe thanks to the humidity, and my chest already being swelled up and all. I was screaming for my dad, begging HF to send him for me, I was terrified. I finally got back to the dock, and I decided to take the other way. I was happy to see ppl coming down the path. So, I assumed the parking food place where everyone of my group was that way. When I got up to the end, it was just a road. I asked someone, and they told me that it's only where the trolley comes by. So, I start walking back, with tears in my eyes...and then I decided to do something about it...so I see a nice older couple, pull the off for a sec, and explained that I lost my group.....and I needed help to get to the parking lot/food place. They told me that's just where they came from, and they just got off the trolley. It comes every10-15 min. So, to go wait by the road, and ask to be brought there. They told me to take a deep breath, and everything was gonna be ok. When I got to the road, I said a prayer of thanks for the nice ppl... (I was still scared)...and asked that the trolley would come soon. For the next while, I sang about 7-8 primary songs. Tears almost starting coming out...but the prayer and songs really helped me. They calmed me down and helped me feel comforted. :) I am SOOO glad I have the gospel. I would be SOO lost w/o it. Well, the trolley finally came....and I was brought to the place where I needed to go...and I found my group. Apparently, I got off at the midpoint too soon. There was one about 10 minutes after that one that everyone else got off on. And that was the place we usually get off on....just...I forgot...hadn't been there in 2 years...lol. Anyways, my dad's waiting for me at the dock still...and so sis Warner had to go down and get him letting him know I was back. When I was talkin to someone...tears almost starting comin down again...but I held them back. I was SO scared! I didn't know what to do! I thanks HF again for his help. I wouldn't have been able to do it w/o him. I'm SO grateful for his help! I told my dad the WHOLE story! Haha! So....that's about it. That's my story on getting lost at the ichetucknee river trip. LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment