Alrighty, well, i can surely say, that this has been the best two days so far! Yesterday, I said my morning prayers, and read the pamphlet, "For the strength of Youth." It was VERY wonderful. Yes, I read the whole book. It made me realize so many different things. It made my testimony grow oh so much more, and realize who I am, what I should be doing, what I CAN do, what others look for in me, how much of an example I need to be to different people...and so much more! The spirit was surely there. It's interesting, for one of my friends, we talk to each other on facebook. Whenever he asks me how I'm doing, I always say GREAT! It's rarely ever I tell him otherwise. But, just yesterday, he asked me a question that really made me wonder. Why AM I always replying GREAT!? What really makes me feel this way? I layed in my bed last night, with this question running through my mind like a rhino coming to charge at me, wondering what I should do. Then, it all made sense to me. My religion! My religion is what makes me so "GREAT" all the time! The scriptures, the commandments, the pamphlets we recieve from our leaders, prophets, counselors(etc.), family time, teachings of our teachers every sunday, the spirit I feel in my home, at my church, in my room, and everywhere I am. I am so "great" because of who I am, who I am becoming, and how I look at myself and everyone else! God has blessed me so much! Reading the scriptures, and the words of God's servants have surely helped me be a better person. But not only reading, but doing what God has asked me to do! Plus, I have faith that God is alive today, including his son Jesus Christ!
For all of you who have just read this, please try to understand my point! When you put God above ALL things, ANYTHING is possible. Sure, I go through a LOT every single day! My family and I are NOT perfect, but when you put God first, everything follows behind! like I said, ANYTHING is possible, including happiness after hard times!This I know, from mine own experiances! Listen to the holy ghost, he's there trying to teach you! He's there, trying to help you. God loves each and every one of us! He's waiting for us to come to him in prayer, and ask him in faith for help with anything that we need help with. ANYTHING! Just PRAY to him! Please...he misses talking to you, he LOVES talking to you! You are his child! YOU are a child of God! Everyone is! He knows each and every one of us personally! He knows you by name! He knows you are a choice child of God! You came to this Earth at this particular time for a reason! God knows you, loves you, wants to keep you safe, wants you to be happy, and most of all, he wants you to return to live with him again! I testify that God lives, he loves us, and that the Book of Mormon is True and has been translated correctly by the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that we have a living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church, and you can feel the same way I do, if you pray and ask. Ask for understanding, truth and help! He WILL answer your prayers! Have faith! He is there!
I know these things are true, and my friends and family, THAT is how I'm always so "GREAT". It's because of my Lord God, My king of Kings, My ever living father, the King, of Peace.
I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment