Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mission Ages Changing Oct 2012

     This general conf. REALLY REALLYYY made an impact on me!! you ahve NO idea how much it answered my prayers!!! I've literally sat here and ACHED to go on a mission. ACHED!!! Not just been dissapointed and thought about how I wish I could go now, but ACHED to go on one!!! This is SUCH a dream come true to me!! I woke up from a nap and listened to general conference, and I came out to them announcing the new age for the young men. 19 to 18. We were all dumbfounded. lol. Immediatly we thought..wait, what about the girls?! so we're encouraging them on through the television to tell us about the girls, "We also have a new age for the young women." WHAAAT?!! What is it?!!! We were on the tip of our toes!! We couldn't stand it. He was taking FOREVER to say it!! it drove me CRAZYYY!!!! Then, he said..."The age of the young women is..." I SWARE it took him 10 seconds just to say it... I was BEGGING in my head that he would say 19. I thought he'd say 20 though..."19"... My mom and I jumped out of our seats screaming, jumping, crying, hugging...EVERYTHING!!! It was AW-MAZING!!! I CAN GO ON A MISSION NOW!! I CAN GO!!! As SOON as I heard this, I ran to the phone and called my bishop. "Hello?" "Hi, is Bishop Reading there?" "This is him." "HI! Did you see the new GC?" "Yes." "Did you see the part about the missionaries?!" "Yes." "When can I set up an appointment?!" After chuckling he told me to call his secretary and set up an appointment, and they'd help me get the ball rolling. I'm SOOOOO excited!!!! This is more than I can bare!!! It's all I can even think about!! I texted, facebooked and called EVERYONE!!! I was screaming so much I was so excited! (and my throat is paying for it now. lol) My mom and I were bawling. I couldn't concentrate at ALL on the rest of the morning session. Unfortunetly I couldn't watch the night session bc of work...but I was talking about the mission thing to EVERYONE at work; and the cool thing about that is that I was getting a missionary experience just by explaining to them about it! It was SOO freaking cool! Oh my goodness this is just aw-mazing!!! Today (Sunday) I fasted. During the intermission of the sessions, I read my patriarchal blessing and prayed...that was really spiritual for me, and answered a lot of my prayers. Then after GC, my dad gave me a blessing. It was extrodinary. I can't believe it. And I had the most spiritual prayer I have had in a LONG time in breaking my fast. The spirit was really strong today. I'm truly grateful for that. I'm willing to follow the plan he has for me. I'll go and do the things the Lord has commanded. :) Well, all my plans just got turned around! haha! It's so amazing!!! I can't get over it! It's like...my whole WORLD just changed!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited! Nothing can change my mind! I guarantee that! Unfortunetly I only get 18 months! Did you know that when my dad went on a mission, they said that guys only go for 18 months then too?! It only lasted for a short time...but still...

So yeah, that's the mission ages getting changed Oct 2012 by Pres. Monson

No comments: