Life is moving forward, slowly but
surely. Saturday around 2pm I met up with my Home Teachers from the Spanish
Trail ward. They shared with me the story of Joseph Smith asking God where He
was while he was in jail. Though they didn’t share this quote, the Spirit did, “Thine
afflictions shall be but a small moment.” I need to remember that if I endure
this with faith I can allow God to strengthen me when these difficult
situations pass. They ended up giving me a blessing that helped me know God was
proud of me for searching the scriptures dilig
No matter the difficulties I
decided to stick it through and stayed the entire time. I didn’t quit. On the
way home, I felt anxious but worked on calming down through breathing
exercises. It didn’t help that my GPS took me the long way home through the
strip where cars were honking and squeezing through each other.
When I got home I was exhausted! I
put Jinx (my cat) outsi
de my room in the hallway (otherwise he’d scrape my
blinds, claw the carpet, etc at 2 in the morning and wake me up), shut the
door, read a chapter in the Book of Mormon, then fell asleep (as best I could
with my anxiety).
2 ½ hours later at midnight thirty
I woke up to my cat trying to get into my room. He’s figured out the door
handle. So waking up like that initiated a strong pulse of anxiety. Eventually
I went and put him in his kennel outside my room. Breathing heavily I closed my
room door and got back into bed doing everything I could to calm myself back
down. For a while I heard him trying to get out of it. One would thi
I tried a downloaded app of a
meditation to help calm and relax me. No help. I texted a long time friend that
lived in Utah and he was up even though it was almost 2am his time. He asked if
I needed to talk and I quickly responded that I did; but, when he called I
couldn’t talk. It took me a while to get a word out. I don’t know if it was
because I was exhausted mentally and physically or because my anxiety and pain
were so strong. I didn’t have the strength to speak. Eiether way, I struggled
so much to say anything. I finally was able to say a few things. As time went
on, I was able to express a little how I felt and shared a little bit; but, it
never became easy to speak. Throughout the night, I begged Heavenly Father for
help. This friend really helped. He listened when I cried and acknowledged how
I was feeling and what I was saying; but, he talked to me – asking me
questions. He helped my mind go astray from my anxiety. Through my friend,
Heavenly Father allowed me to receive peace and was able to fall asleep without
pain in my chest.
I woke up Sunday morning with anxiety
beating my heart out. It wasn’t as bad as the night before, but still enough to
worry me. I met up with my bishop an hour before church started. My emotions
were shot. I was a waterfall in there speaking with him. He definitely agreed I
needed to move and said he’d help. He advised me to focus on Christ during
church and forget my pain so I could feel the Spirit (same as how my mom
advised me to forget my worries and focus on the shadowing). At church, I’m
away from the world. He was right and that mindset really helped me. He also
advised me to search for both a job and housing and not wait for one or the
other. Once one is found, then I could plan the other around it.
I realized that I should possibly find a place this week. It’s almost the end of
the month. If I move in November I’d have to pay double – once here and once at
the new place. I have a week of October left; so, if I find a place to move, I’d have to do it this week and I’d have to give my homeowner my weeks’
notice. She’ll probably yell at me. I’m scared, but as explained in my last
post, she DID advise me to look for another place; so, she shouldn’t (doesn’t
mean that she won’t) get made. If I do move this week, I'll need help from both the Spanish Trail and whichever ward I move into (if I move into another ward). I pray so hard that I'll find a place asap!
I need to have trust. My mom sent
me this post about trusting God titled, “The Powerful Metaphor that Taught Me
to Trust My Savior no Matter What.” It really gave me strength to keep moving
forward no matter my circumstances and to trust God no matter what. Click Here to visit the link to read the article.

No comments:
Post a Comment