This past week my anxiety has been shot. I had to go off the medicine because it was making my numbness worse. So my doctor put me on some natural oils hoping it would help. But they haven't been working. I got MAYBE 2-3 hours of sleep Sunday night because of my anxiety. Monday I was in a terrible mood and my anxiety was really high! I talked to my mom and doctor and we all agreed that getting a cat could help. I was also told to wein myself off of my oils. All day Monday, my mom and I searched for a cat on craigslist. Finally, we found a Norwiegan forest cat named Queenie in Jacksonville. She sounded like everything I wanted. After talking with the owner, we decided to get her the next time (Tuesday). Monday night I had to go to work. My anxiety / depression was killing me. I couldn't hold back the tears. No one could cover for me. Around 6:30pm a co worker got me two snacks. Between that and the help of Heavenly Father, I had a much better night.
Tuesday morning was my last class for A term. I presented my musical powerpoint. After class, I ran a couple errands then headed to Jax to shop for cat stuff with my mom and brother Trevor. After shopping I headed over to Mary's (cat owner) house. Now, she had more than one cat she was trying to give away. On my way over I said a prayer. I asked Heavenly Father that if Queenie wasn't the one, then to please help me know. To help me know which cat I was supposed to get by having them come up to me. Cuddle up to me. Want my attention, etc.
As soon as I got there, Queenie (the one I was interested in) ran immediately and every time I went near her she was gone! But this one cat named Pretty Boy was all up on me wanting to cuddle and be petted. He was doing everything I asked for in my prayer. I fell in love with him. I knew he was the one. I put him in the cat carrier and headed home. He meowed the entire hour and half drive home.When we got home I let him out in my room. My roommate loved him! Though unfortunately her boyfriend is allergic to cats. He was scared to enter my bathroom. I decided to name him Jinx. Poor guy was so scared. He's only been in one home his entire life and he's 6 years old.
The funny thing is, he would go under my bed and meow wanting to be petted. He is one of the loudest purring cats I've met. So adorable! Eventually he started jumping onto my bed on his own. Jinx meowed at one in the morning keeping me up. Eventually I had to put him in the downstairs bathroom while I slept and took him out as soon as I woke up. He eventually became used to living in his new home, and cuddled with me while I slept. Sometimes he sleeps on my head, other times it's in my arms, and other times it's on or near my legs.To see the video of getting Jinx, click HERE
My dad ended up asking for my rent money this past week. I asked him to give me another week as I would be getting paid. This past Friday morning my paycheck entered my account. But when I looked online, $150 of that money was once again taken from Yellow Pages. I have been fighting with YP to cancel my contract for months! Just last week I talked with a guy from YP that told me it was cancelled and I wouldn't get charged again! Yeah,...we see how well that turned out. I got so frustrated. I called YP and got really upset with them. After that phone call I cried to Heavenly Father begging for help. As I have worked hard for that money and have been paying my tithing every paycheck! I asked for His help. I talked with my dad and cried to him. I then called my bank. After talking with them for a little bit and explaining my situation, they were so nice and refunded me when they realized I needed it for rent money.
I know that Heavenly Father was definitely behind the help, softening their hearts. I'm very grateful Heavenly Father cares about all the things in our lives. Whether it's small (like getting Jinx) or big (like getting my money back). If it's important to us, it's important to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment