I had an amazing day yesterday! I felt very productive. I woke up about 9am. I cleaned, organized and vacuumed my room, closet, bathroom and upstairs hallway. I even cleaned the litterbox! I also had a nice scrambled egg breakfast, did all my dishes and two loads of laundry! I worked at the movies from 11:30am-5pm.
AfterwardsI bought a purse, black flats, and a shirt all under $20 at Goodwill. I returned someone's phone charger, then went shopping for groceries with them, then brought them home. I finally went home myself about 8pm.
I put away my groceries, did another load of laundry then made and burnt some black bean soup. I gave up on my gluten free diet for the night and ate some ramen! I put some frozen veggies in a pot on the stove hoping to eat them after my soup around 9:30pm. I ended up forgetting about them. I got in bed about 11pm. About 12:30am I recognized the light in the hallway was still on. I got up to turn it off. When I went into the hallway I smelt a strong burning smell. My thought was, "Did the black bean soup really stink the house up this much?" I turned the light off and went back to bed.
About ten minutes later my eyes flew open as the vegetables raced into my mind. I flung the blankets off me and ran down to the kitchen. Inside the pot was charcoal black. I didn't even take the lid off. The apt was filled with smoke stinking of burnt veggies. I turned the stove off and pushed the pan off the burner. I turned all the fans on. I could barely sleep because the burnt smell was so strong.
It was a very successful and productive yet burnt out day! Two things I burned in one day!
This morning I woke up and it was still really bad! I opened doors and windows and locked my kitty, Jinx in the bathroom so he couldn't escape outside. I sure hope the smell is gone by the time I leave work today. My goodness... 😝😄
No comments:
Post a Comment