Sunday, January 31, 2010

Miracles

Have you ever wondered if miracles still happen on the Earth today? I have wondered that so many times in my life. But do you know what? Miracles happen every day! They don’t have to be as big as bringing the dead back to life. Miracles are blessings that you would never be able to do by yourself. God blesses us all in many ways that lift us all up, raises our testimonies, increases our faith and makes us evermore grateful for his help.
So many different and wonderful experiences have happened to me in my life. Ever since I was a little girl, my parents have taught me that God loves all his children and everyone is his children no matter their age or what they look like. I was also taught that when you pray to God, it’s like talking to him on a phone as you do with your friends, but it’s a more sacred conversation. I was taught that I should always start my prayers with, “Dear Heavenly Father,” and that I should always start them with saying thank you for everything I’m grateful for. After thanking him, I should ask him for help with my problems. I should also talk to him about my day, or whatever I feel like I need to speak to him about. I never really understood why I should do all of these in this order, and why it’s so important. I was also informed, that if I ask God in faith, the questions I ask him will be answered. I never really knew how big of an influence all of this information would be on me……until later on.
At the age of eight, the age that is appropriate for baptism, my mom told me to read the Book of Mormon, knowing that it is another testament of Christ, and that it is the most correct book on this Earth today, and to ask God of it is true. I should also ask him if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of God, and if I was doing the right thing to get baptized. Many weeks I prayed to God. I read my scriptures with my family, and I prayed every night, waiting for an answer. One Monday evening, after the opening scripture and prayer, my mom was teaching my brother and I a lesson for Family Home Evening. All of a sudden, these tears just started running down my cheeks, my heart felt like it was about to burst, and my eyes were filled with joy. My mom was concerned, for she knew not why I was crying. She asks me what the matter was, and I replied to her, expressing that I knew that what she was teaching was true, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that I was doing the right thing by getting baptized. I had put so much effort into pondering my thoughts, reading the scriptures and praying and asking every night. God saw how important this was to me, and he blessed me with knowledge of the truth. Not too much later after this experience, I was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
When my dad lost his job about 8 years ago, my whole family prayed about what to do. My parents looked for jobs as well as fasted many Sundays. I helped them fast for some of the Sundays, and I prayed every night, wondering if my dad would find another job soon. My parents found a job in Florida, five states away from where we lived. I heard about this news, and was so sad, for we would have to move. I prayed to God, and asked if this decision to move to Florida for my dad’s job was the right thing to do. I was so sad, and I didn’t want to move away from all my friends. Through the power of God, he sent his message through the Holy Ghost, and I received a warm and comforting feeling, that this was the right thing to do, and that my dad would have a wonderful job. I explained to my parents the answer I received from God. I knew that I would leave all my good friends, but I left my trust in God, knowing that he knew best. Soon after this, we moved to Florida, and my dad has the best job ever. He keeps getting bonuses, and everyone loves him!
Many years have passed since those times, but my testimony has grown a lot since then! I have realized, that the reason we should say thank you first to God, is because he keeps blessing us every day every time we do something he asks us to do, which is way more than we could have count! We could all say over an hour prayer of just “Thank-You’s.” I also know that God wants us to ask him for help, because we are his children, and he wants us to be able to feel like we can come to him, have faith in him, and tell him our troubles.
God loves all of us! He sacrificed his son for us so we can return to live with him again. Not only does he love us, but he even loves his creatures! For example, when the pilgrims were travelling, one of their Oxen fell to the ground sick. A healing blessing was given to him, and he jumped right up being able to keep carry the pilgrims’ luggage. Now, I have had a personal experience with God’s creatures. My dog Sam, one day all of a sudden, we realized that his back two legs were paralyzed. So, through lots of worries, vets, prayers and fasting, we decided to give Sam a Healing blessing that Sunday. So, our home teacher came over and we explained what’s wrong with Sam. We told him that the Vet had explained that it can just come on spontaneously. Sam received a healing blessing that evening, and it said that he would be healed, and this experience happened, to increase the faith of others. Now, I don’t know if that faith would be increased in my family, or other people, or both. But I do know, that a week after he was paralyzed, we saw him get up and walk. But, the vet had told us that he just MIGHT heal, but there was no promise. The thing is, the first time we would be able to tell if he would heal, would be in 6-8 weeks. It was exactly one week when he started walking. God lives, and he hears our prayers! He heals and loves everyone, every creature, every soul! I know this for a fact of life!
So many different experiences have happened to me in my life. I have spoken to many of my friends at school, and have shared my thoughts with them on my religion, my opinions, and my family. No, not many of them agree…and I have lost some friends in the process. But no matter what, I will do what the Lord asks me to do, and he wants me to help share the gospel, so I will. I am the Lords servant just as much as you are! He sent us here on earth to learn how to be faithful. Some people here don’t have the advantage of coming into a home that is already in the gospel. That’s where we come in! They are waiting…waiting for us to come teach them the truth! Do you ever wonder what they feel like? Well, imagine yourself out there in the world, not knowing how to really live your life, because you don’t really know what God wants of you, but you’re trying. You keep having so many different people telling you, “Do this, NO DO THIS, oh come on, do this!” It would be very hard, to have all these temptations coming at you without know what is the right thing to do, because you don’t know what the real truth is. So, go out there, tell them the truth, help them know how God wants them to live, how they can return to live with God again! They need you! Not only that, but GOD needs your help in teaching his children, because he wants them to be happy, and he wants them to come back to him!
I am one, with glasses and a ticking head. I have wanted to be healed from both of these things, but have not fully yet. Every now and then the ticking stops…but it always comes back in the end. I don’t know why I have these disabilities, but there must be a reason! I will keep praying, keep reading my scriptures, and keep being faithful…because one day I know, that if it is Gods’ will, and if I keep my faith in God and do my part, I will be healed!
Many people say, that miracles are just fantasy! Do you really believe in that? I sure don’t! God blesses everyone in many different ways! When God promises something, he never breaks it, this I know! I could share so many more experiences with you this day, but at this time, I would like you to think about your life. What has God done for you? Count your blessings! If you haven’t realized by now, God helps you every single day! He helps you with tests, talents, friends, family, church, and even walking and breathing. If it weren’t for God, you wouldn’t be here right now! Don’t judge yourself by the way you look, or the way people think of you…judge yourself on the inside. Look at your inner beauty. God loves you! You are a child of God no matter what! You are a royal generation! God loves you, and I love you! Know that Heavenly Father lives today, and that he’s watching over you! Again, thank him for your blessings, and ask for his help in this world. You’re not perfect, he expects us to make mistakes, but he also expects us to say sorry for them. He is a very merciful God! He is always willing to forgive and forget!
Always put God first in your life! Remember who you are, if you do what God asks you will be very blessed. You will go through a lot of temptations and troubles, but keep following God and you will receive your final destination with a joyful heart and a comforted spirit. This I testify to you with all my heart!
In the name of Jesus Christ…Amen.

No comments: